What do you need to prepare for just 36 hours away from home, you ask? Well, let me tell you.
- 3 loads of laundry
- pack 1 set of clothes for me.
- pack 3 sets of clothes for the kids. (I know!)
- prepare list of lunches for next 2 days.
- make sure there is enough food in the house for dinner for next 2 days.
- go in to school to check council box and send out letters home.
- write letters to teachers informing who will be picking up the children.
- figure out who will be picking up the children!
- bake 3 cakes for this weekend's parties.
- wrap birthday present for Saturday.
- bake cookies for Sunday's baptism since I won't have time on Saturday!
- leave house in relatively clean state. (no promises)
- do regular work (why do clients all call at the same time, and only when you're super busy?)
- deal with Girl's tantrums: "Why are you leaving me!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!"
- there are another 10,017 things for me to do, but I can't list them because I have to do them...
Actual picture of me while getting ready:
How do you prepare for leaving the kids for a few days? Do you need a vacation from your vacation? Do your kids go psycho when you have to leave them for a night? Am I the only one?