Friday 4 November 2011

Two Things

I've heard say that there are really only two things that you need to know about any subject. Everything else just refers back to those two things or they are not that important.

I am a cake decorator. What two things truly matter?
  1. Creativity is nothing without technique. You have to know how to make your vision a reality. 
  2. A little bit of icing can fix almost anything.  [Except maybe this!] If it doesn't, it's just cake, move on. 
I think the exact same two things can apply to me as a mother. :) Not to mention these two things too:


I have a vision of how I want my kids to turn out. I'm doing my best to make it happen. All the little mistakes can usually be smoothed over with a bit of sweetness. When I mess up large, and I do, I know it's not the end of the world. I just have to work on the "moving on" bit. 

What are your two things? 


4 comments:

  1. Awww, how "sweet" ;-) following from weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm a new follower from the blog hop i'd love if you followed back!
    Julianne

    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm not sure what my two things would be. But yours are definitely appropriate for what you do and for handling children. By the way I love your kids shirts! Cute! :)


    Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from the we are canadian hop! I am an amateur cake decorator - just for us but I love to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...