Friday 31 August 2012

LadyBird At Home? At Work? On The Job? On The Move?

I don't know anymore. When I started this blog it was because I was at home a lot - as a housewife, with the kids, with a home-based business. Sure, it seemed like I was away from it more than I was there, but it was definitely the central hub of my existence. Now, with the kids going back to school (both full time), and with the new work studio I find that I'm only home for hours, sometimes just to sleep. So much so, that I've been seriously considering hiring a cleaning service.
Is there something wrong with this picture?
I still define myself as a mother and wife first, then a business owner. I still plan to sit on the PTA. I still attend book club and now Scrabble club too. I still take the kids on outings, to their friends, to birthdays, to lessons. But am I still "At Home"?
Am I focusing too much on this? Do I need one more thing to obsess over?
If it were anyone else I would say they were just finding the transition from SAHM or WAHM to WOTHM ( is that even a thing?) difficult. But I am not just anyone. I am unique, aren't I? Is there anyone else in this transition phase out there?
*LadyBird At....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...